A few days ago, I received a comment from a fellow blogger: Tammy from Diary of a Chef’s Wife, who nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award! I was shocked to say the least, as I only started my blog earlier this year with much encouragement from my best friend – who would have thought there would be others with the same passion and love for food! Thanks Tammy – I’m truly honoured for the recognition :) Along with being nominated is the responsibility of passing on the award to other blogs who have inspired me and those I look forward to reading every day.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
- Saying thanks and link to the blog that nominated you.
- Copy and paste the award in your post.
- Pick 5 other blogs with less than 200 followers to award. Then leave a comment on their blog to let them know that you have nominated them.
I’m really new to blogging and love reading and following what others are doing – very inspirational. So for my 5 blogs that I have nominated have inspired me and my blog, here they are:
1. faux Martha – The faux Martha is one of the first blogs I started following very early in my blog career. I myself, am a huge Martha Stewart fan and so I was instantly drawn to the blog. Great recipes here – I first tried her recipe for Sea Salt Honey Butter Popcorn, FANTASTIC!
2. I am Simply Tia – Simply Tia is another blog I have been following for awhile now. This food blog has some great recipes, especially cocktail recipes, my favourite!
3. Cooking Japanese Style – Ever since my trip back from Japan, I have had a strong interest in learning more about my culture and heritage including learning more about Japanese cooking. Naoko’s (we have the same first name) blog outlines a step by step approach to learning how to cook Japanese dishes and its in English which is great for me!
4. Circle of It – Now the next couple of blogs are not food blogs but are blogs that are very close to me. This blog in particular is one that is written by a very close friend whom I have know for more then 15 years. The posts are really well written and what I love about it is that she writes about her opinions and experiences in London, one of my most favourite cities in the world!
5. Designwali – I had to mention my fellow blogger and best friend Designwali as she first inspired me to start blogging as she found it a great outlet for her passion of interior design. She has great style and is always scouring the internet for great finds, check out her blog!
Although I could only list 5 blogs here, there are so many others that I follow who inspire me daily – thank you! And thanks again Tammy for the nomination and support!